Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Quest for The Love Song IC - Thwarted by Paywall (different kind of paywall)

So I was looking for the "Lovesong" IC shown in this video:


I'm doing this because I fried the sound chip I loved that contained the same song
 (I took it out of an alarm clock, and I shorted the clock resistor accidentally, killing the chip)
And discovered that original seller Aitendo discontinued the product...
*facepalm*

So I went to Chinese wholesale sites to find the module.

And yes, I seemed to have found one:



The problem? Well, you can clearly see the problem on the translated page, courtesy of Google:


Yes. You have to buy 1000's of them if you don't want to ask the seller about the quantity.
The price shown above is price per piece; Meaning you have to pay for 1000's of them, whether you like it or not.

D'oh!

And I don't know Chinese nor have a mobile phone ready for this purpose!
And they don't accept emails as far as I can see :(

Should I give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment